Wednesday

slovakia

Dobrý deň. (hello)

I'm blogging from my pansion in Modra, Slovakia. I'm here for a month or so working on a feature film called MODRA. It's about a 17 year old girl, Lina, who visits her Slovakian relatives for a week accompanied by a boy she barely knows, a stand-in for her boyfriend who bailed on the trip at the last minute. They share a week together and fall awkwardly in love. Along the way, they meet a lot of funny people, do some silly things and learn a little bit about themselves and each other.

I will be blogging about the entire experience, right here on Sweat + Snow!

Modra is a beautiful little town in Western Slovakia. It is comprised of one long twisty main street of mostly cafes and gelato shops, with a surrounding village of 8000. This city is OLD. People lived in this area as long ago as 3000BC.

Modra shutting down 7:00pm


Looking right from my pansion 10:00am


Looking left from my pansion 10:00am

5 Comments:

Blogger reva said...

so pretty! more photos, please.

22/7/09  
Blogger ahbs said...

wow aren thanks for 'taking' us along with you! love to you from the berkeley family!!

22/7/09  
Blogger singne said...

yay! I'm so happy that we'll be seeing photos and hearing stories from Slovakia!

24/7/09  
Blogger singne said...

I'd love to know more about the people who lived there in 3000 B.C. That's about the same time that Neolithic people were living in that Orkney community I visited, Skara Brae. It is fascinating to contemplate their lives.

25/7/09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so pictureque...Bonnie

31/7/09  

Post a Comment

<< Home