Saturday

festivals and dungeons


The lineup for last night's 'Brand on the Brain' screening stretched around corners and into alleyways like a row of dominos. I couldn't find a way to capture it properly... but here's the first long stretch. The film was OK, but there was a live orchestra and a group of live foley artists - making wave sounds, smashing plates and all that. Pretty cool. The theatre was old and gold, just like the orpheum.

To explain the last part of this post's title, I'll just say that we've also been house hunting these past few days


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my absence but I have amassed my 10 favourite comments posted to your blog so far (particularly if they are taken out of context):

(1) Actually, I have the opposite problem: constipated cat.

(2) I had previously completely severed that tendon before, when a friend bumped into me with a knife

(3) like wow, you're a fucking genius lady, you can see 10 seconds ahead into a formulaic hollywood rehash that we've all seen a hundred times. Reva gave them a good 'shush'.

(4) How did we ever transport such a big watermelon? Stay tuned...

(5) I looked the emu right in the eye; it made a strange rattling noise like two sticks in a box.

(6) Damn Turkish hospitals.

(7) is it the one pooing all over?

(8) I never really liked the Friendly Giant (more specifically Jerome and Rusty)

(9) I blame the scar on her.

(10) Some motherfucker took our blue recycle bin last week. We're going to do a sting once we get the new one.

9/9/06  
Blogger singne said...

Nate - I had a good laugh reading these. I only had to look up one of them - number 9.
And thanks for the squirrel ID. I don't know about that tail though - is that one a complete mutant?

10/9/06  
Blogger singne said...

1.I do like your sense of detail!
2.Looks like you got the blood out of the jacket ...
3.I gather the househunting is not going well...
4.You never did tell us how you transported that watermelon.

10/9/06  

Post a Comment

<< Home