Thursday

TIFF and Hairspray


We've been busy. But these next couple weeks are going to be fun. I'm planning on seeing 3 movies a day for the entire film festival. The CFC residents all get an industry pass which gives you pretty much full access. Reva gets a pass thanks to her gig at the film festival. She also gets public screening tickets so we can go to some of the fancy gala events. We're going to two of those tomorrow night. Tonight we saw Argentian 'Born and Bred' together. It had some serious flaws.

In other news: A few blocks away on the corner of Dundas and Ronsesvalles, the streets have been completely transformed into a hip 50s main street. Apparently the film is Hairspray but we're confused because why the heck would they remake such a great film? We'll be looking into that.




Reva continues with the Subway series

a reflex shot

8 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

I particularly like that first photo. I perceive something edgy and dramatic in the angle and your expressions.

7/9/06  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

And...

Is that a steel-toed boot you're wearing, Aren?

7/9/06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rev - did Colin tell you that he has ALL the blackberries. he asked me what happened to you and I just let him know that you are a bad e-mailer. He misses you as he does not know what to do for his fashion show. I said you will be really really really hard to replace. -Liz

8/9/06  
Blogger singne said...

Back on the escalator - like getting back on the horse ... you both look worried, clutching onto each other, no longer the happily-innocent escalator-riders you once were!

What a great series of photos!
Strange about the Hairspray film, and glad you'll be looking into it - please report back.

And what kind of squirrel is that?! I've never seen one like it!

Hope you have fun at the film festival, and see lots of good ones. We're lucky to have you there to give us some tips for when they come our way.
xox

8/9/06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Wenda, yes we were feeling a little bit dramatic and edgy - good read!

I was so careful on the escalator the first few times after the incident. I actually even broke out the bloody sandal yesterday. I wouldn't move as it carried me upwards. Just waited patiently.... safely.

Mom, I don't know what kind of squirrle.... Nate?

9/9/06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singne, I'm fairly certain the squirrel is an Eastern Gray Squirrel. Biologists aren't always good at naming things accurately.

9/9/06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Victoria (aunt). Just thought I'd put my 2 bits in re the remake of Hairspray. Could it be the musical version? That's been a big recent hit on Broadway I think.

Looking forward to your comments and recommendations re the films.

11/9/06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

victoria: yup, you're right. according to my in the know work colleagues, it's based on the broadway musical. john travolta is playing the original divine role. yikes.

11/9/06  

Post a Comment

<< Home